How DMOs and EDOs Can Champion the Three-Legged Race and Be Better Together
DMOs are making a bigger impact on their communities now more than ever before by aligning forces with economic development organizations: It's the "1+1=3" phenomenon
Most DMOs and EDOs find value in cross industry teamwork and collaboration. When tourism entities coordinate their efforts with those of economic development, both are successful in setting themselves apart when competing for business relocations and attracting tourists to their communities. A true win-win.
Our white paper, "How DMOs and EDOs Can Champion the Three-Legged Race and Be Better Together" discusses the inherent connectedness between tourism and economic development. It outlines how each can benefit from finding synergies and forming alliances between the two industries to see better, more profitable communities, and it vividly illustrates the point that tourism helps stimulate regional development and new economic activities, and helps shape the perception of a community.
White paper features:
- DMO/EDO facts & figures from Atlas webinar "Mixing Business with Pleasure: How DMOs and EDOs Collaborate for Ultimate Community Vitality"
- Case study/community feature on Cumberland Valley and Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation
- A look at the successful Pure Michigan tourism campaign
- Thoughts from corporate relocation executives on impact of tourism
- Three steps to take an economic development approach to tourism marketing